On Monday, the latest ATP ranking appeared, in which Carlos Alcaraz is again in the lead. The Spaniard overtook Novak Djokovic and Daniil Medvedev, winners of the Rome tournament. Despite poor results, Hubert Hurkacz also moved up two places.
Alcaraz back on top
After a few weeks of break, he returns to the top of the rankings Carlos Alcaraz. The Spaniard, who triumphed at the Madrid tournament two weeks ago, lost sensationally in the third round in Rome to Hungarian Fabian Marozsan in the following days. Despite this, he gained 45 points and jumped into the leader’s seat.
He went from third to second place Daniel Medvedev, the winner of the fight in the Italian capital, for whom it was the second triumph this season in the ATP 1000 Tour tournament. The Russian pushed Novak Djokovic in third place – the Serb did not defend his title in Rome and dropped by as much as 820 points after losing in the quarter-finals to Holger Rune.
– ATP Tour (@atptour) May 21, 2023
There was another change in the top 10. They just changed places HolgerRune, who lost to Medvedev in the final and Andrei Rublev, who lost in the fourth round to Yannick Hanfmann in the Italian capital.
Hubert Hurkacz is promoted
Interestingly, he gained two positions (from 15th to 13th). Hubert Hurkacz. The Pole said goodbye to the Rome tournament after the first match with Jeffrey John Wolf and his points tally hasn’t changed. However, he took advantage of the decline Cameron Norrie And Rafael Nadal, who are behind him now.
Another drop was recorded by those suspended for doping Kamil Majchrzak – fell 37 places and now occupies the 203rd position. He gained 24 places Daniel Michalsky, and won four places Kacper Żuk.
Current ATP Ranking (May 22, 2023)
1. Carlos Alcaraz (Spain) – 6,815 points
2. Daniil Medvedev (Russia) – 6,330
3. Novak Djokovic (Serbia) – 5,955
4. Casper Ruud (Norway) – 4,915
5. Stefanos Tsitsipas (Greece) – 4,775
6. Holger Rune (Denmark) – 4,375
7. Andrei Rublev (Russia) – 4,270
8. Jannik Sinner (Italy) – 3,435
9. Taylor Fritz (USA) – 3,390
10. Felix Auger-Aliassime (Canada) – 3,065
13. Hubert Hurkacz (Poland) – 2,525
203. Kamil Majchrzak (Poland) – 295
265. Daniel Michalski (Poland) – 199
270. Kacper Żuk (Poland) – 194
WTA ranking. Świątek advantage melts, Fręch historic result
“Web specialist. Social media ninja. Amateur food aficionado. Alcohol advocate. General creator. Beer guru.”