Watch Canada – Morocco and Croatia – Belgium live on TV 2 Sport 1 /TV 2 Direkte and TV 2 Play from 3:30 p.m.
With four points from two matches and a second place in the group heading into the final game of the group stage, Morocco have real opportunities to climb out of Group F.
The Atlas Lions have the same score as Croatia (4), but are behind the Croats on a lower goal difference. With a victory or a draw against Canada, Morocco will be assured of its rise.
Few would have believed that he would top the league in a group with Belgium and Croatia, who at the time of writing hold 2nd and 12th places respectively in the Fifa rankings.
Comedian and actor Yousef Hadaoui (41) has been following Morocco for several years but still believes this year’s Moroccan edition stands out, both on and off the pitch and thanks to the new coach.
The performances of the North African team created great excitement, and Hadaoui was left enthused by what Morocco delivered in the World Cup.
– To put it this way, I have just found my voice after two days of shouting and celebrations, Hadaoui says, and continues:
– If there’s one thing that makes me klin kokkos, it’s when Morocco plays the World Cup, especially since I had no hope before the championship. The cohesion you see in the Moroccan team now, I haven’t seen it before, and I’ve followed it a lot.
The 2-0 win over Belgium in the second game of the group stage sent shockwaves through the footballing world and at the same time joined this year’s sensational World Cup winning streak.
Before, Saudi Arabia and Japan grabbed the headlines with their respective victories over Argentina and Germany.
– I like the underdogs. There are always teams that appear in such championships from which nothing is expected in advance. Before the championship, we only talked about Belgium and Croatia in our group, no one believed in Morocco. But then we beat Belgium, says Hadaoui.
– It is (the victory over Belgium) one of the most important things in the history of Morocco.
Clicks in an angle after the world cup match
– Terrified for this game
Canada remains with two losses and therefore has nothing to play for in the last game. Despite defeats to Belgium and Croatia, John Herdman’s side showed great pace in terms of play.
Against Croatia, Canada took the lead after just two minutes, but completely failed in the match, ultimately losing 1-4. Against Belgium, they had a huge advantage in terms of chances, but were never able to convert chances into goals.
Hadaoui believes Canada will do well even if they only have the honor and the glory to play in the last match. He thinks in particular of when Morocco was in a similar situation during the World Cup in 2018.
– I’m terrified to face a team from Canada that has nothing to play for. This game reminds me of the World Cup in 2018 where Morocco had nothing to play for in the last game of the group stage. It ended with us playing big against Spain themselves, Hadaoui says, and adds:
– I really hope Morocco won’t take this game for granted even if Canada have nothing to play for.
Summary: Belgium – Morocco 0-2
Can achieve group victory
If Morocco finish second in their group, the winner of Group E awaits in the Round of 16.
For the moment, it is Spain who occupy the head of Group E before the last match.
If Morocco were to do the sensational – win their group – it is the second in group E who will be the opponent in the round of 16.
– I just hope we avoid Germany! I’m not particularly afraid of Spain since we showed the last time we met them in the World Cup that we can do something against them, Hadaoui said.
“Explorer. Food advocate. Analyst. Freelance bacon practitioner. Future teen idol. Proud pop culture expert.”