Field Hockey Canada announces nomination window for Class of 2023
Field Hockey Canada is pleased to invite nominations for the upcoming 2022 class of Hall of Fame inductees. Please see nomination criteria below. Visit our resources below for more information. Applications are open until December 15, 2023.
The Field Hockey Canada Hall of Fame was established in 2014 to recognize those who have made significant contributions to the sport of field hockey in Canada. The Field Hockey Canada Hall of Fame Committee was established by the FHC Board of Directors to direct the activities of the FHC Hall of Fame.
Terms of reference
Hall of Fame inductees
Application form to complete
Nominations will be accepted in the athlete, coach, official, constructor and team categories.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or have lived in Canada for more than 25 years.
- Must demonstrate exemplary values and personal characteristics.
- Must have made a significant contribution to the sport of field hockey and/or floor hockey in Canada
Additionally, nominees will be evaluated according to the specific criteria established for each category as follows:
- Retired from playing internationally for at least five years
- Achieved a significant achievement record on the field while playing for Canada
- Brought honor and recognition to Canada on and off the playing field
- Played for Canada at the Olympic Games, World Cup, Pan American Games, Commonwealth Games or any other high-level international competition.
- Through dedicated efforts and expertise over a period of at least five years, the Canadian team’s performance has been significantly improved in international competitions.
- Recognized as a leader in the sport of field hockey both internationally and nationally.
- Provided leadership in the development of high performance coaches in Canada over a period of at least four years.
- Coached Canadian teams at the Olympic Games, World Cups, Pan American Games, Commonwealth Games or other high-level competitions.
- Recognized for his expertise as an outstanding referee or technical official at the international level for a period of more than five years
- Have been named an official for at least 75 international matches, including the Olympic Games, World Cups, Pan American Games, Commonwealth Games or other high-level competitions.
- Provided strong leadership in the development of high-level international officials in Canada over a period of at least four years.
- Contributed significantly and extraordinarily to the growth and development of Canadian field hockey over a period of at least 10 years.
- A builder may be active or inactive to be considered and will be evaluated based on their contributions and impact.
- To be nominated in the Team category, a team must have achieved an exceptional ranking in a continental or world level competition compared to previous Canadian performances, thereby making a significant contribution to the development of competitive hockey in Canada.
How to apply
There are 4 steps to making an application:
- Complete the application form [click here]
- submit the candidate’s CV
- submit the letter of support form
- any additional information that you believe would support the application
“Web specialist. Social media ninja. Amateur food aficionado. Alcohol advocate. General creator. Beer guru.”