Among the players designated for the training camp before the Nations League matches were four strikers, including Bartosz Kurek, who after Michał Kubiak ended his national career as the new captain of Biało-Czerwonych. After training, Nikola Grbić decided that the titled player would not go to Canada, where the first matches of the tournament would be held. The Serbian coach also gave rest to Łukasz Kaczmarek, who played in the Champions League final with ZAKSA Kędzierzyn-Koźle in the second half of May.
Nations League 2022. Who is the captain of the Poles?
The Poles’ coach decided that in Ottawa he would check the players who had not played regularly in the national team so far and the players of the teams which had not played in the final of the European competition. We will see Karol Butryn and Maciej Muzaj in the striker position. Karol Kłos was among the remaining 12 named players, who will act as captain in the first games of the tournament.
The competitor informed about it via social networks. The center of PGE Skra Bełchatów has made available on InstaStory a photo of the representative T-shirt with the underline under the number, which in volleyball means the function of captain. “Strange thing, I have new match shirts and it does not come off” – joked the player, who said at the end of May that the appointment to the team’s training camp was a “little surprise” for him.
Nations League 2022. Polish match schedule
Tournament in Ottawa (Canada):
- Poland – Argentina (June 8, 10:30 p.m.)
- Poland – Italy (June 10, 1h30)
- Bulgaria – Poland (June 11, 10:00 p.m.)
- France – Poland (June 12, 5 p.m.)
Tournament in Sofia (Bulgaria):
- Poland – Brazil (June 22, 4:00 p.m.)
- Poland – Canada (June 23, 12:30 p.m.)
- Poland – Australia (June 25, 3:30 p.m.)
- USA – Poland (June 26, 3:30 p.m.)
Tournament in Gdańsk / Sopot (Ergo Arena):
- Iran – Poland (July 5, 8:00 p.m.)
- Poland – Slovenia (July 7, 8:00 p.m.)
- Poland – Netherlands (July 8, 8:00 p.m.)
- Poland – China (July 9, 8 p.m.).
Read also :
A challenging quiz for volleyball fans. The very first question can be problematic
“Web specialist. Social media ninja. Amateur food aficionado. Alcohol advocate. General creator. Beer guru.”