Many have probably heard of the “Karen” phenomenon: A furious woman with sideburns, who wants to talk to the general manager when she’s unsatisfied.
Emu Karen doesn’t look like a “Karen”, but is just as “sassy” and rude – she gave Useless Farm several million views on ICT Tac.
It is the nanny Amanda who often feels the pressure of the wild emu attacking her. After sharing videos on TikTok with Karen and the other Useless Farm animals, they went viral.
– I haven’t told Karen yet. His ego is big enough – we don’t need to add more, Amanda tells TV 2.
Millions of views
Canadian Amanda thinks it’s been incredibly funny that the TikTok profile has completely taken off lately.
– Especially because all the comments on the animal videos are incredibly funny. I can’t understand how I’ve been so lucky to find nearly five million people with the same sense of humor as me, Amanda says.
Several of the videos in the profile have between 1 and 13 million views, and among the most popular videos is the emu Karen.
Matmor says TikTok star Karen actually got her name for The “Karen” phenomenon has become known.
She points out that Karen’s behavior is genuine in the videos and that the emu may be aiming to get rid of Amanda, since she’s not standing up against others.
She thinks there is a reason for this.
– I can’t say for sure, but I think she’s in love with my husband. So I guess she’s trying to get me out of the picture, Amanda said jokingly.
It was CTV News Toronto who first mentioned the case.
Animals with big personalities
Useless Farm is located in Canada. There live several so-called “useless animals”, as Amanda calls them. In addition to the emus, several other special animals roam around the farm – such as alpacas, mini seals, peacocks and mini horses.
The farm is a hobby for Amanda, and she considers it a retirement home for animals that people have grown weary of. The animals just live there.
– We are not a registered refuge or sanctuary. We love animals and are able to give them a place to retreat to when they have nowhere else to go, says the food mother.
At Useless Farm, there are no expectations for the animals, and the goal is for them to live there in peace, and to enjoy Canadian circumstances and nonsense.
Amanda shares everyday life with animals. She thinks they went viral on TikTok because of the animals’ big personalities.
Among other things, you meet the worried alpaca Keith, Gary Goose who gives good hugs, the hateful behavior of the emu Karen or the sound of the wind whistling between the ears of the alpaca Michael.
– There is at least one animal here that you can partially identify with, said the Canadian.
– A bad heart
Emu Karen ran over Amanda several times or bit her. This resulted in many bruises.
Many of the Useless Farm followers have wondered why the food mother doesn’t get rid of the emu Karen, when she often attacks it.
It won’t happen, according to Amanda, who loves his cockiness.
– You can’t help loving her. Beneath the evil feathers lies an even more evil heart, and we love a queen who is unapologetic herself, she tells TV 2.
It’s common for female emus to be more aggressive than male emus, and Amanda doesn’t think others would have dealt with her impudence as well. Therefore, she does not want to give Karen away, but continues to share glimpses of everyday life with all the animals on social media.
“Web specialist. Social media ninja. Amateur food aficionado. Alcohol advocate. General creator. Beer guru.”