“People write to me that my 13-year-old son should be taken away from me because of my appearance,” Remy told Jam Press. He tattooed large parts of his body with black ink.
The tattoo and piercing enthusiast says many think he’s not cut out to be a good dad because of his looks.
Along with his tattoos, which include a large eye with teeth on his abdomen, he has also modified his ears by stretching them out far.
In total, he has spent around one million crowns on tattoos and piercings to date.
– Incentivized on the Internet
The father-of-one from Canada has suffered a lot of nasty remarks from random people due to his controversial appearance.
Although Remy loves the way he looks, many have said he’s not “suitable” to father her son, Ivan.
– Nobody dared to tell me directly, but I saw comments on the Internet, says Rémy and comes with a clear message.
– If you think like that, you should never have children yourself.
He says people look at him a little, but usually say nice things and compliment his tattoos.
– Does not change who you are
His father’s first tattoo was of his son’s name, and he’s been obsessed with the art form ever since.
– I wasn’t worried about my son at all because tattoos and piercings don’t change who you are. He never really thought about it, says Remy.
He says his favorite tattoo is the big eye on his stomach and chest.
Remy’s wife, Sarah, also loves her husband’s unique appearance and the pair quickly fell in love after meeting in 2016.
Remy has been a chef for 20 years and ran his own restaurant and tattoo parlour.
He says his son’s friends are eager to meet him because of his tattoos and consider him a “celebrity”.
The father believes that Ivan may soon end up following in his footsteps and tattooing himself in the future.
– My son will probably get tattooed in the future, but not as much as me, Rémy concludes.
“Web specialist. Social media ninja. Amateur food aficionado. Alcohol advocate. General creator. Beer guru.”