– For more than 70 years, she has been an example of selfless leadership and public service. My deepest condolences go out to the Royal Family, our NATO allies in Britain and Canada and the people of the Commonwealth, writes Stoltenberg Twitter.
Elizabeth was also a head of state in Canada.
The NATO chief has met the British monarch on several occasions, most recently during an audience at the 2019 London NATO summit.
– There is great respect for the work of Queen Elizabeth, Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Støre (Ap) said after the death of the British monarch.
– Queen of the whole world
Erna Solberg also reacts with sadness.
– Queen Elizabeth has contributed to pride in happy times and unity in troubled times. Both within and far beyond UK borders. I would say that she has been, in a way, the queen of the whole world and a reliable grandmother, writes the leader of the Conservative Party in a message to NTB.
She points out that just on Tuesday the Queen held an audience for new British Prime Minister Liz Truss.
– He is the fifteenth prime minister Britain has had during Queen Elizabeth’s historically long tenure. The first was Winston Churchill, and the Queen had weekly meetings with all of them, Solberg says.
– There are huge shoes to fill
She sends her thoughts to Charles, who becomes King of Britain.
– There are huge shoes to fill and big tasks to complete. My thoughts are with him, the rest of the family and all the British people, says Erna Solberg.
“Tv guru. Analyst. Lifelong alcohol junkie. Friendly bacon specialist. Twitter nerd.”