The man who was killed on Sunday at Grünerløkka in Oslo has still not been identified. The police announced it on Monday.
Police believe the man is in his twenties. Next of kin have been notified, but with the caveat that the identity has not been determined with certainty, according to police.
The investigation is in full swing since the police were alerted. Among other things, several witness interviews were carried out and forensic investigations were carried out. A woman in her thirties has been charged with the murder.
– Several witness hearings were conducted and video surveillance searched. The accused first explained himself to the police. She is linked to the incident, but has not yet faced criminal culpability, said Anne Alræk Solem, head of the homicide investigation section.
– Very impressed
The woman in her thirties has not decided whether she will plead guilty. His attorney, Kai Roger Vaag, told Dagbladet.
– There will be a detention meeting today at 3 p.m., but it has not been specified whether she can attend, said the human rights defender.
The woman was questioned on Monday night. Vaag says he was present then, but only an initial interrogation was carried out.
– She is very affected by the incident and the situation. Now we first have to find out how she presents herself for pre-trial detention, he tells Dagbladet.
It has already been agreed that the woman will be questioned again, but that will not happen on Monday, according to Vaag. The time of the interrogation will be agreed later with the police.
– I can confirm that it is related to the incident. Beyond that, I don’t want to add anything now, says Vaag.
Call for witnesses
Solem in the police adds that the murder does not appear to be random and there is no indication that other people were involved. The man was found seriously injured in the stairwell and died instantly.
– We ask that the witnesses who have not spoken to the police contact us as soon as possible, specifies Solem.
Police have an idea of the sequence of events, but are not currently coming out with what has been done since the seizure. The woman in her thirties, who has been charged with murder, will be jailed today.
– I didn’t expect a murder here
Dagbladet has been in contact with several neighbors. A man, who does not want to be named, says he is affected by the incident.
– It’s terrifying. It is a quiet apartment block, with little noise and noise. In my wildest dreams, I didn’t expect a murder here. It’s very disgusting, said the man.
Another neighbor says she is shocked by what happened.
– It’s just tragic, said the woman.
“Hardcore coffee specialist. Unable to type with boxing gloves on. Devoted internetaholic.”