The doctors treating Queen Elizabeth (96) recommend that she remains under medical treatment.
Queen Elizabeth’s doctors are worried about her health, reports Buckingham Palace.
– They recommended that she remain under medical supervision, it is specified.
The Queen will stay at Balmoral Castle in Scotland, Reuters news agency reports.
According to sources in the British Royal Household, family members have been informed. Prince Charles, the heir to the throne, and his wife Camilla, are already in place at Balmoral, to be present with the queen.
They were at Birhall Estate, about 20 minutes’ drive from Balmoral Castle, when they were asked to come. Princess Anne will be in place.
Prince William also visited Balmoral. Prince Andrew, Duke of York is also on the way, according to ITV.
The article is updated.
– Deeply Concerned
Britain’s new Prime Minister, who was formally installed in the post by the Queen at Balmoral just two days ago, said in a statement that his thoughts and those of people across the country are now with the Queen and his family.
– The whole population will be deeply concerned by the news that came from Buckingham Palace around lunchtime, says Liz Truss.
House of Commons Speaker Lindsay Hoyle said the whole of Parliament had the Queen in their thoughts and prayers.
– I know I speak for the entire House of Commons when I say that we send our best wishes to Her Majesty The Queen.
Labor leader Keir Starmer says his thoughts are with Her Majesty and her family.
– I am deeply concerned about the news from Buckingham Palace. I am with all of Britain in the hope that she recovers, Starmer said.
Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon’s thoughts are also with the Queen and the entire Royal Family now.
– We are all deeply concerned about messages regarding Her Majesty’s health, writes her on twitter.
Commentary (as of January 2022): What happens to England when Queen Elizabeth is gone
– My prayers and the prayers of the people are with Her Majesty the Queen today. May the presence of God strengthen and sustain Her Majesty and those who care for her at Balmoral, says Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby.
A long career
Earlier this year, Queen Elizabeth was duly celebrated after serving on the throne for 70 years, the longest ever for a British monarch. The celebration included, among other things, a three-kilometre-long parade where more than 10,000 people took to the streets.
Queen Elizabeth’s husband Prince Philip died on April 9, 2021. The image of the grieving Queen sitting completely alone at her funeral in St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle made a huge impression on the whole world.
Queen Elizabeth is also the head of Community of Nations and head of state in a number of countries, including Australia and Canada.
Queen for several generations
Royal Household expert and author of the book “King!”, Kristin Storrusten says Queen Elizabeth is an institution, with her extremely long reign. Most recently, two days ago, she met her 15th British Prime Minister when she was Queen.
– Usually one generation has its king, but she is the queen for several generations. She represents a continuity that makes the day she died extra special, Storrusten says.
The expert describes Elizabeth as a very serious young woman when she came to power.
– And she maintained that the man is subordinate to the institution of which he is a part.
Storrusten points out that this was particularly difficult when Princess Diana died in 1997.
– It’s hard because the royal family should never be the most groundbreaking and innovative, but they shouldn’t be at the back either. This requires political flair on the part of the royal family and those around them. The Queen has fallen behind on several occasions, such as when Diana died.
“Tv guru. Analyst. Lifelong alcohol junkie. Friendly bacon specialist. Twitter nerd.”