New England and Canada are known for their pristine nature, and fall is definitely the best time to visit to witness the changes and beautiful seasons. Whether visiting world famous and historic sites, admiring the incredible landscapes and spectacular colors of autumn leaves, or enjoying the famous culinary culture of the East Coast, itineraries aboard MSC Meraviglia have something to offer all our passengers.
Cruising the Atlantic east coast, passengers can make the most of the range of experiences onboard MSC Meraviglia, including the ship’s wide array of gourmet fare, world-class entertainment, luxury spa and comfortable cabins.
MSC Meraviglia has a year-round homeport in New York and will also offer selected itineraries to New England and Canada in April, May, August and Fall 2024.
Highlights of the MSC Meravalgia itinerary include:
1. WORLD METROPOLIS NEW YORK
MSC Meraviglia’s itinerary begins in New York, offering passengers the opportunity to visit the city that never sleeps. During the day, they can see the iconic Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty, marvel at the dazzling skyscrapers of Manhattan, get lost in the city’s vibrant neighborhoods, visit world-class museums, or enjoy a relaxing walk through Central Park. This magnificent city is a top destination at any time of the year.
2. DISCOVER THE ELEGANCE AND CHARM OF THE NEW PORT
New Port, located on the south shore of Rhode Island, is a charming seaside town known for its stunning architecture, historic homes and beautiful scenic views. The city has a number of attractions and leaves behind some memorable experiences including the historic Cliff Walk – a walking path along the beautiful rocky coastline. Our guests can also see the iconic Newport Mansions, which are among the most impressive mansions and once home to America’s wealthiest and most important families.
3. TRAVEL AMERICAN HISTORY IN BOSTON
Explore Boston, the capital of Massachusetts – a vibrant modern city rich in culture and history. Whether you’re spending the day discovering groundbreaking architecture or strolling Boston’s famous Freedom Trail, lined with historic landmarks including Boston Common, the oldest public park in the United States, there are plenty of places to discover. Sports fans can visit Fenway Park, Major League Baseball’s most legendary stadium and home of the Red Sox.
4. EXPLORE THE NATURAL BEAUTY OF NOVA SCOTIA
Known for its quaint fishing villages, beautiful beaches and captivating shorelines, Nova Scotia, Canada is the perfect destination to experience Canada’s natural beauty. Halifax, the coastal capital of Nova Scotia, is known for its long maritime heritage. Visitors can stroll along one of the longest continuous waterfronts in the world, lined with fantastic restaurants, and admire the city’s impressive historical monuments, including the 18th-century Citadel, or head to the small fishing village of Peggy’s Cove.
5. MEET THE WILD IN NEW BRUNSWICK
New Brunswick, Canada’s beautiful maritime province, is known for the adventures that await in nature, with its long coastline and lush forests. Here you will encounter a variety of wildlife including moose, whales and seals. You can explore the charming historic harbor town of St. John on the Bay of Fundy, offering a variety of attractions for nature lovers. Whether admiring the beautiful historic streets, hiking or biking the pristine nature trails of Rockwood Park, or taking in the views of the Bay of Fundy, home to some of the highest tides tallest in the world, Brunswick has a number of unique attractions to offer.
6. DISCOVER THE BEST OF PORTLAND
The charming city of Portland, Maine offers a wealth of cultural attractions and beautiful views of the Atlantic coast. Travelers can explore the city’s impressive lighthouse, historic architecture, varied outdoor activities, and taste some of the best seafood in the country. Some of the city’s top attractions include the Old Port area, where you can wander the cobbled streets full of historic buildings, shops, and excellent restaurants and bars. Art lovers should stop by the Portland Museum of Art, which houses an impressive collection of artwork by local and world-renowned artists from around the world. We also encourage guests to sample the local beer and sample Maine’s famous lobster.
About MSC Meraviglia
At 315 meters long, 65 meters high, with 19 impressive decks and a capacity for up to 5,700 passengers, MSC Meraviglia is a vacation destination in itself. Meraviglia is full of innovative equipment to offer an unforgettable experience:
- The MSC Yacht Club, an oasis within an oasis, where guests can enjoy exclusivity and privacy in a world of options, offers elegant private facilities and accommodations, including a panoramic lounge, a gourmet restaurant, a private swimming pool and a sun terrace.
- 10 different cabin types to choose from, including solo cabins, popular balcony cabins and stylish accommodation at MSC Yacht Club. The MSC Yacht Club offers butler service, exclusive restaurants, lounges and swimming pools.
- Galleria Meraviglia, a promenade lined with shops, restaurants and bars that stretches for more than 90 meters.
- 20 bars and 12 restaurants, including the popular steakhouse Butcher’s Cut and Kaito Sushi and Teppanyaki.
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pool, jacuzzi, water park and cable car.
- Varied shows in our 985-seat theatre.
- The expansive MSC Aurea Spa, which offers massages, body treatments, facials and a dedicated spa area.
- 557 square meter gym with state-of-the-art Technogym™ equipment.
- MSC Kids’ Club for children from 0 to 17 years old, with dedicated areas for babies, toddlers, children and teenagers, as well as the Lego® experience.
“Explorer. Food advocate. Analyst. Freelance bacon practitioner. Future teen idol. Proud pop culture expert.”